Editorial Guideline - African Journal of Sociological and Psychological Studies (AJOSAPS)
Aims and Scope
African Journal of Sociological and Psychological Studies (AJOSAPS) is a peer-reviewed journal published by Adonis-Abbey. The journal is an outlet for ground breaking studies primarily in sociology and psychology but also in allied social sciences fields, including criminology, criminal justice, politics, social policy, anthropology, social work, history, cultural studies, law, education, economics, development studies and more. AJOSAPS is open to original research, policy, practice and critical review contributions that seriously engage in sociological and psychological analysis of African realities. As a platform for academic, research and policy debate, the journal seeks to appeal to an interdisciplinary readership and audience that seeks to understand African issues, mainly through the lens of African scientific scholarship and perspectives.
AJOSAPS offers a substantial book review section that identifies important works of established and emerging scholars in sociological and psychological research that focus on African continent. The journal is indexed by EBSCO and SABINET.
Authors are required to submit original papers, that is, papers submitted should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a double blind process (i.e. the identities of the author and the reviewer are concealed from each other). When submitting papers for evaluation, authors are strongly encouraged to attach reports from a similarity (anti-plagiarism) test. Without prejudice to this, every paper accepted for publication will also have to pass our similarity check with iThenticate.
Submission of articles is by email only. Please email to the editor through: email@example.com
In order to facilitate processing of submissions, please make sure that you:
1. Attach a cover page with the title of the manuscript, the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), including email address.
2. Include only the title page on the first page of the manuscript in order to maintain anonymity.
3. Include an abstract of not more than 150 words.
4. Produce the manuscript—including abstract, quotations, tabular material, notes, and references - in a double-spaced format, allowing a one-inch margin on all sides.
5. Type all tables, using a standard word processing programme and number consecutively in the necessary pages.
6. Keep notes at a minimum.
7. Use three descending levels of headings consistently throughout the paper. They should be descriptive but brief. Numbers may be used to identify levels of headings.
8. References References to publications should follow APA 7th edition format. Kindly download the link for examples on how to use the referencing style
9. Authors will receive a PDF copy of the issue in which their article appears.
10. Authors should submit ONLY ONE copy of their manuscripts with all Author Details and affiliations in a cover page within the manuscript (i.e. FIRST PAGE).
11. Authors should also insert all Tables and Figures within the text to where they are cited.
There is no publication fee for this journal.
Proofreading of articles
All manuscripts must be spell and grammar checked by a professional English language editor. Authors are encouraged to attach evidence of professional proofreading/editing when submitting their papers. The journal reserves the right to refuse to publish an article if it deems the paper poorly proofread for language and grammar.
For editorial inquiries or to submit your article contact the editor Prof Emeka E Obioha through: firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual subscription Price for African Journal of Sociological and Psychological Studies (AJOSAPS) is GBP 80 for institutions and GBP70 for individuals (for print and online access by password).
For loose copy sale (excluding postage and packaging), the price is GBP45.